Created in 2004, Maine Credit Unions’ Financial Fitness Fairs are an insightful and fun budget simulation, similar to the game of “Life.” Participating students are given a career and monthly income, and then have to visit booths associated with various expenses that the average adult is faced with each month. After filling in a monthly budget form, the goal is for students to have a monthly budget that does not exceed their monthly income.
To participate in the new Virtual Financial Fitness Fair, go here. For more information on the virtual fair, please view the Virtual Financial Fitness Fair Welcome Packet.
Since the program’s inception in 2004, nearly 73,000 Maine students have become fiscally fit after participating in a fair. These efforts have contributed to Maine Credit Unions being an eighteen-time winner of the Desjardins Award for Youth Financial Education, making Maine the most recognized credit union system in the country.
Contact Jake Holmes to inquire about how to schedule a fair.
Need to order materials for a fair? Use this form to place your order.
Financial Fitness Fair Booth Topics:
- Student Loans
Scheduled 2022/23 Financial Fitness Fairs
- Thursday, February 2 – Hall-Dale Middle & High School | Kennebec Valley Chapter
- Thursday, March 9 – Hancock County Technical Center | Bangor Chapter
- Monday, March 13 – Future Business Leaders of America | Norm Nolette Chapter
- Tuesday, March 21 – Lewiston High School | Norm Nolette Chapter
- Tuesday, March 21 – Buckfield High School | Oxford FCU
- Monday, March 27 – Madison Area Memorial High School | Kennebec Valley Chapter
- Thursday, March 30 – Morse High School | Jeannette G. Morin Chapter
- Wednesday, April 5 – Cony High School | Kennebec Valley Chapter
- Wednesday, April 12 – Marshwood High School | York Chapter
- Tuesday, April 25 – Sacopee Valley High School | Cumberland County FCU
- Wednesday, April 26 – Mt. Ararat High School | Jeannette G. Morin Chapter
- Thursday, April 27 – Bonny Eagle High School | Alex Ferguson Chapter
Past School Events – Fall 2022:
- Wednesday, October 12 – Scarborough High School | Town & Country FCU
- Wednesday, October 26 – Massabesic High School | York Chapter