People Helping People since 1990 with over $12.3 million raised to combat hunger in Maine.
- Maine credit unions contributed $1,000,434.19 to end hunger in 2022 and supported 260 organizations across Maine, including local food pantries, meal sites, and schools.
- The Campaign is the signature social responsibility campaign for Maine’s credit unions. 100% of all funds raised by the Campaign stay in the state.
- The initiative is the largest, non-hunger organization-based, philanthropic fundraising effort to end hunger in Maine.
The Maine Credit Unions’ Campaign for Ending Hunger is a 501(c)(3), which means all contributions are tax-deductible! For more information, please contact Jen Burke at 800.442.6715, ext. 295.
2022 Campaign Highlights
- $956,761 direct funds contributed to the Campaign.
- $11,357 worth of food collected and donated.
- $121,036 raised during the month of June to support Good Shepherd Food Bank, local community food pantries, and meal sites as part of the $100,000 Ending Hunger Challenge.
- $104,096 funds donated by credit unions directly to Good Shepherd Food Bank.
- Over $24,000 in financial support to help local schools and Full Plates Full Potential feed students during the summer months.
The top seven credit unions in terms of dollars contributed to end hunger in Maine and per member contributions are annually recognized. Atlantic Federal Credit Union was the top credit union fundraiser in 2022, contributing $138,047.64 to combat hunger in the state. Gardiner Federal Credit Union had the highest per member contributions at $3.78 per member.
2022 Top Seven by Category
Total Dollars Contributed to End Hunger in Maine
- 1st Place – Atlantic Federal Credit Union
- 2nd Place – Maine State Credit Union
- 3rd Place – Acadia Federal Credit Union
- 4th Place – Maine Savings Federal Credit Union
- 5th Place – University Credit Union
- 6th Place – Bangor Federal Credit Union
- 7th Place – Norstate Federal Credit Union
Total Dollars Raised Per Member
- 1st Place – Gardiner Federal Credit Union
- 2nd Place – Sabattus Regional Credit Union
- 3rd Place – Atlantic Federal Credit Union
- 4th Place – Acadia Federal Credit Union
- 5th Place – Maine State Federal Credit Union
- 6th Place – Sebasticook Valley Federal Credit Union
- 7th Place – Bangor Federal Credit Union