The Maine Credit Union League is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, marital status, religion, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or military status in our employment practices. We also do not discriminate in these ways in the hiring, placement, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, recruitment, advertising, solicitation for employment, treatment during employment, and rates of pay and other forms of compensation. It is the philosophy of the Maine Credit Union League to:
- Employ individuals solely on the basis of qualifications.
- Provide opportunities for development and advancement for all employees through training and work experience, promoting from within the Maine Credit Union League whenever possible on the basis of individual qualifications.
- Provide an atmosphere for the encouragement of individual initiative and a sense of participation in the goals and overall function of the Enterprise.
- Provide wages and benefits comparable to those existing in the community and that ensure appropriate pay for jobs of comparable responsibility within the Maine Credit Union League.
- Administer all personnel policies in a fair and equitable manner.
The Maine Credit Union League complies fully with all state and federal laws to ensure equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. All employment practices and activities are conducted on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Upon request, persons with disabilities are provided job applications in alternative accessible formats, including assistance in completing the application.
- Pre-employment inquiries are made only regarding an applicant’s ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Medical examinations are required only for those positions with a bona fide physical requirement, and only after a conditional job offer.
- Medical records are kept separate from the personnel file and are confidential.
- Reasonable accommodations are available to all disabled employees, where their disability affects the performance of job functions. All employment decisions are based on the merits of the situation in accordance with defined criteria, and not the disability of the individual.
This policy is neither exhaustive nor exclusive. The Maine Credit Union League is committed to taking all other actions necessary to ensure equal employment opportunity for persons with disabilities in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.