2023 Ending Hunger $100,000 Challenge
National Hunger Awareness Month
Maine credit unions experienced the best fundraising year for the Campaign for Ending Hunger in 2022. Efforts like the $100,000 Ending Hunger Challenge went a long way to raise dollars and awareness for our shared commitment to feed our neighbors in need.
To ensure we reach our fundraising goals for 2023 and to commemorate National Hunger Awareness Month, we are urging credit unions to come together again to support the fourth annual $100,000 Ending Hunger Challenge. That means we have 30 days beginning June 1 to raise $100,000. With everyone’s help, we can tackle this challenge one dollar at a time.
As part of the challenge, 25% of the funds raised online by a credit union will benefit Good Shepherd Food Bank. (This is the same formula used last year). Additional funds raised that are not generated online will count toward a credit union’s 2023 Ending Hunger totals—money that credit unions can distribute back in their communities.
We hope your credit union will join us and use this as an opportunity to boost your credit union’s fundraising for the Campaign.
Resources to Fuel Your Challenge Success
The League has developed collateral pieces to help your credit union promote the Challenge with your members, employees, and vendors. These materials can be customized for your audiences and include:
- Sample Member, Employee, and Vendor Communications Kit
- Campaign for Ending Hunger Vertical Logo: PDF | JPG | PNG
- Campaign for Ending Hunger Horizontal Logo: PDF | JPG | PNG
- Ending Hunger Challenge CU Lobby Poster
- Ending Hunger Challenge CU Employee-Focused Poster (to share in breakrooms and common areas)
- Ending Hunger Soup Bowl Printable Supporter Forms
- Ending Hunger Challenge Coloring Page for Kids
- Ending Hunger Challenge Website Banner Graphic
- Ending Hunger Challenge Website Banner Graphic 2
- Sample Social Media Posts:
- Are you up for a challenge? Donate to our Campaign for Ending Hunger today and help us raise $100k in 30 days to #feed our neighbors in need. #endinghungerchallenge #peoplehelpingpeople
- June is National Hunger Awareness Month. Please join us as we work to combat #hunger in Maine and help feed those in need in our community. Visit our credit union to donate or go online to www.campaignforendinghunger.org. #endinghungerchallenge
- Take our challenge. Consider a donation to the Campaign for Ending Hunger and help us support Good Shepherd Food Bank and local food pantries. Make a difference, pass it on, and help Maine credit unions raise $100k this month! #endinghungerchallenge
- Social Media Images – Facebook/LinkedIn (right click on image below to download):
- Social Media Images – Twitter (right click on image below to download):
- Social Media Images – Instagram (right click on image below to download):
Visit Our Campaign Website
If you have questions about the Challenge or need additional resources, please email Jen Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lauren McCallum at email@example.com.