Northeast CU is hiring a Teller at its Biddeford branch.
Assists members in completing routine account transactions in a fast and efficient manner; actively promotes Northeast’s products and satisfy members’ financial needs personally or by referral. Builds and retains member relationships, through service quality and member needs satisfaction. May assume work group leader responsibilities by assisting other tellers with non-routine tasks/transactions and by completing member service transactions such as opening new accounts or loan origination (submitting loan applications).
Adheres to and upholds Northeast Credit Union’s Values and Service Standards.
Functions & Responsibilities:
Work involves extensive communication including, but not limited to, verbal, written and electronic, interaction, and collaboration with people on a daily basis in order to provide exemplary service.
- Processes member financial transactions which include but not limited to deposits, withdrawals and loan payments. Provides exceptional member service by meeting all member needs as they relate to relatively straightforward inquiries, with the support of more experienced personnel. Resolves member issues and concerns independently, escalating more difficult issues to management.
- Builds relationships with member by engaging them through conversations regarding their current and future financial needs and educating members about the Credit Union’s products and services. Makes every member interaction the best experience possible by referring products that will make a positive impact on a member’s financial situation.
- Assists members with more complex transactions such as IRA withdrawals and deposits. Authorizes and approves teller transactions of non-routine nature, within established parameters. Performs overrides for other tellers as needed.
- Assists new hires with on the job training.
- Prepares loan packages for closing, ensuring all necessary documents are completed. Performs clerical and loan processing and related functions accurately and completely, ensuring 100% quality of loan packages to comply with all requirements
- Provides Greeter Desk coverage as needed. Determines the nature and extent of each member’s financial needs and provides information concerning credit union services that meet those needs in a responsive and confident manner. Assists members in completing service requests. Documents and performs necessary account maintenance to correct member account errors when appropriate and notifies member of any action taken.
- Adheres to operational controls including legal & regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of member and credit union assets. Other job-related duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience as a teller, cashier, or in a member/customer service role.
- A high school education or GED.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- The employee is required to observe the lobby for activities that impact the security of the Credit Union, its members, and employees.
We Can Offer You:
- Training to support your career goals.
- The chance to make a difference in your community, through day-to-day interactions and volunteerism.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Incentive programs that reward your accomplishments.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits.
- Retirement plans with employer match.
- Tuition assistance.
Occasional travel will be required for ongoing training, meetings and/or to provide branch support.
If you are looking for an exciting career, Northeast Credit Union is the place! Our employee total rewards package includes competitive salaries, incentive programs, comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits, retirement plans with employer match, training and professional development programs, tuition assistance, paid leave, and work/life programs. Join us today!
Please visit the website: https://necu.org/careers/
Equal Opportunity Employer