Northeast CU is hiring a Member Service Representative at its Biddeford branch.
Are you interested in applying your relationship building skills and sales acumen to further your career? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative, fun environment where success is rewarded?
As a Member Service Representative with Northeast Credit Union, you will work closely with members to understand their financial needs, recommend appropriate products & services, and consistently meet sales objectives.
Provide members and potential members with product product and service information in a helpful efficient manner, build and retain member relationships, through service quality and member needs satisfaction; open and close member accounts, promote the Credit Union’s products and satisfy members’ financial needs through selling additional credit union services; originate loans and increase deposits by meeting identified member needs; cross sell other NECU products and services and ancillary products as appropriate.
Adhere to and uphold Northeast Credit Union’s Values and Service Standards.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Work involves extensive communication including, but not limited to, verbal, written and electronic, interaction, and collaboration with people on a daily basis in order to provide exemplary service.
- Meet members’ needs by providing outstanding service, problem resolution and needs based selling; interviewing loan applicants, closing loans, cross-selling, referring mortgages or prospecting and seeing the mortgage process from application to loan closing.
- Meet individual sales goals along with cross-selling credit union products and services which includes Credit Life/Credit Disability; Debt Protection; GAP; and Route 66.
- Accurately process member service transactions, maintaining proper security, while exercising good judgment, utilizing knowledge of products and services, and related procedures.
- Adhere to operational controls including legal and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of members and Credit Union assets.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience as a teller, cashier, or in a member/customer service role.
- A high school education or GED.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- The employee is required to observe the lobby for activities that impact the security of the Credit Union, its members, and employees.
We can offer you:
- Training to support your career goals.
- The chance to make a difference in your community, through day-to-day interactions and volunteerism.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Incentive programs that reward your accomplishments.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits.
- Retirement plans with employer match.
- Tuition assistance
If you are looking for an exciting career, Northeast Credit Union is the place! Our employee total rewards package includes competitive salaries, incentive programs, comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits, retirement plans with employer match, training and professional development programs, tuition assistance, paid leave, and work/life programs. Join us today!
Please visit the website: https://necu.org/careers/
Equal Opportunity Employer