PeoplesChoice CU is hiring an Assistant Branch Manager at its Wells location.
PeoplesChoice CU is seeking an outstanding, seasoned manager to join one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for 12 years in a row! We are a member-owned financial institution with 4 branches and are currently recruiting for an innovative and dynamic manager to assist with the operations and oversight of our Wells location.
As part of PeoplesChoice CU, you will join a team of outstanding management professionals. You will use your sales experience, leadership skills, and motivational expertise to create an exceptional member experience while providing direction, mentorship, and skills enhancement to branch staff.
In this key role, the Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for overseeing a full range of services to members and prospective members; coordination, training, and supervision of branch staff; and receiving, reviewing, and underwriting quality loans. Communication and people skills are critical as you coach and develop your staff of four creating a strong team environment that meets and/or exceeds service expectations. This position also assists the Branch Manager with developing and cultivating long-term business and community relationships to ensure branch sales growth and member retention.
The ideal candidate has 2 to 5 years of similar or related experience; knowledge of credit union products, services, and financial policies; and experience with teller and member service functions. Prior successful lending experience preferred.
Starting pay: $25 to $26 per hour commensurate with education and experience.
Asst. Branch Managers must have the ability to:
- Achieve business growth by meeting/exceeding member expectations
- Effectively execute strategies to meet branch goals
- Dynamically lead and coach employees to achieve optimal performance
- Cultivate new member business and cross-sell products and services
- Build positive relationships with members, staff, and members of the community
Education Requirements – Minimum Qualifications:
- 2 or 4 year degree in business/finance preferred; equivalent experience considered
- Ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of related experience in the credit union/banking industry
- Minimum two years successful supervisory experience including employee development, coaching, and motivational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven sales skills and the ability to transfer that knowledge to others
- Consumer lending experience is a definite plus
- 40 hours per week, OT may be required
- Monday-Wednesday 7:30a-4:15p; Thursday and Friday 7:30a-5:15p. Morning and end of day varies slightly to allow for branch opening/closing procedures.
PCU offers competitive compensation along with an exceptional benefits program including: generous paid vacation and holidays, paid STD/LTD and life, comprehensive health benefits, a 401K with employer match, tuition reimbursement, company logo-wear, and more!
Shannon Kashinsky- CPO