The Northeast CU Scholarship Program has officially started accepting applications for 2022. The credit union offers five unique scholarships, with 23 award opportunities totaling $40,000 to recognize student members for their commitment to academics, extracurricular activities, and community. The variety of the scholarships offers aid to not only soon-to-be high school graduates, but also to those who are currently enrolled in accredited programs, or with goals to further their education, including those in trades programs.
“By honoring our student members’ commitment to their education we empower them to be better versions of themselves, and as a financial partner we couldn’t ask for anything more,” states Chris Parker, President & CEO of Northeast CU. “As a member-owned organization, we are committed to giving back to our membership, and what better way to do so than through advancing their education.”
Scholarship offerings include:
- Peter J. Kavalauskas Memorial Scholarship – (1) $5,000 award
- Roger G. Marois and Bart M. Dalla Mura Memorial Scholarships – (2) $3,000 awards
- The Love Your Community Scholarships – (8) $1,500 awards and (10) $1,000 awards
- Philip W. Sullivan Memorial Scholarship – (1) $5,000 award
- Adult Achievement Scholarship – (1) $2,000 award
Scholarships are available to Northeast CU members who are in good standing and who have been members for at least for one year starting January 24, 2021. For more information on eligibility requirements, please visit necu.org/scholarships. Applications must be submitted on or before March 11, 2022.