The Maine Credit Union League and Synergent are always working to improve the financial lives of Mainers, uplift our communities, and strengthen the credit union movement in our state. Our shared mission is to help you, our credit union partners, succeed.
We are here because of your credit union and your members. With an eye on the future in terms of both positioning our organization for future growth and in succession planning, we are pleased to announce the following promotions and organizational changes that will go into effect July 5:
- Cris Wescott will assume the role of Chief Financial Officer (CFO). She will be responsible for the League/Synergent’s Accounting & Finance Department, Human Resources, and Facilities. She will continue serving as a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
- Ben Jordan will assume the role of Chief Information Officer (CIO). He will be responsible for Synergent Core Consulting and Conversions, Software Delivery, and Information Systems. Ben will continue serving as a member of the SLT.
- Cheryl Lancaster will assume the role of Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) with responsibilities to support the transitions outlined in this communication, as well as the League/Synergent’s strategic initiatives. She will continue serving as a member of the SLT.
- Scott Johnsen will assume the role of Chief Relationship Officer (CRO). This position will have an emphasis on building and strengthening both League and Synergent relationships with Maine credit unions. He also will be responsible for Synergent Product Development, Payments, and Business Development, as well as League Advocacy, Education, and Outreach. Scott will continue serving on the SLT.
- Tim Brooks will assume the role of Vice President of Marketing. He will be responsible for Corporate Marketing, including Maine Credit Unions’ Statewide Awareness Campaign, Synergent Marketing Services, and Sales. Doug MacDonald will be an integral part of this team continuing to serve as Vice President of Marketing Services.
- Robert Caverly will assume the role of Vice President of Advocacy and Outreach. He will be responsible for Governmental Affairs, Advocacy and Compliance, League Learning and Development, and Outreach.
- Jen Burke will assume the role of Assistant Vice President of Communications & Outreach. She will be responsible for the development of League publications, committees, credit union chapters, councils, and networks. Jen also will oversee social responsibility efforts including the Campaign for Ending Hunger and financial education.
- Rebekah Higgins will assume the role of Vice President of Payments. In this role, she will advance Synergent’s payment solutions, including debit and credit, while continuing to provide credit unions critical support to help them maximize their payment strategies.
- Mallory Farrell will assume the role of Vice President of Business Development. She will be responsible for Synergent’s Account Relationship Managers (ARMs), Technology, Check Processing, and Customer Service, as well as for other business support.
“As was communicated back in March, we are fortunate to have a strong team, many of whom are long-tenured with deep roots in the Maine credit union system and with our members,” said Todd Mason, President/CEO of the Maine Credit Union League and Synergent. “It also was communicated the need for succession planning efforts to help ensure the strength of our team long into the future. That’s why we are implementing these strategic changes at our organization. Our new organizational structure will help us ensure the League and Synergent are well positioned to advance Maine’s credit union movement for years to come.”