Maine State CU is proud to announce that over one hundred Mainers received help with their tuition for the 2021-2022 school year thanks to a scholarship from the Normand Dubreuil Scholarship Fund. Students attending one of the many community colleges across the state of Maine received funds between $500 – $2,500.
“We are pleased to be able to continue to support the advancement of education for so many Mainers,” said Stephen Wallace, President and CEO of Maine State Credit Union. “It is exciting to know that Maine State CU is able to partner with The Foundation for Maine’s Community Colleges to provide additional financial support for so many deserving students.”
The Normand Dubreuil Scholarship endowment fund was set up in memory of longtime President and CEO Normand Dubreuil. The scholarship fund is managed by The Foundation for Maine’s Community Colleges and provides scholarships to students regardless of need and area of study to Mainers wishing to learn a trade at one of many community colleges across the state of Maine.
The 2021-2022 Normand Dubreuil Scholars by school include:
- Central Maine Community College – 16 Scholarships totaling $14,000
- Eastern Maine Community College – 22 Scholarships totaling – $12,000
- Kennebec Valley Community College – 8 Scholarships totaling – $11,000
- Northern Maine Community College – 4 Scholarships totaling – $4,000
- Southern Maine Community College – 55 Scholarships totaling – $40,900
- York County Community College – 5 Scholarships totaling – $4,000