While we are doing our best to stop a biological threat, fraudsters are doing their best to play on people’s anxiety and fears to reap maximum reward. Unsuspecting consumers and businesses are falling victim to a variety of scams and cyber-attacks designed to steal money, information, and identities. Credit unions with a lack of current information and awareness can leave members vulnerable to financial loss and the CU exposed to risks including non-compliance, lawsuits, and severe reputation damage. Lead the fight against fraud and learn how to handle a variety of attempts to steal money from your members. This webinar will highlight:
• CU and industry lessons-learned from the Pandemic
• Members attempting to recover debit and credit card losses through the CU (i.e. cancelled travel plans due to pandemic / hotel closures, “test kits,” “cures,” etc.)
• Stimulus frauds (counterfeit checks, “over payments,” calls from “IRS” demanding immediate tax payments via prepaid cards, etc.)
• Cyber scams and attacks including phishing themes, ransomware, increase in viruses and delivery methods, scams for sale (super cheap), primary targets (elderly and work from home), etc.
• Resources available to credit unions for fighting fraud
Webinar leader: Rayleen Pirnie, CEO, RP Payments Risk Consulting Services, LLC
Please complete and submit the form below to register for this event. You will be placed on a waiting list if the number of attendees for your reservation is greater than the number of seats available.
Registrations are closed for this event.