Business Lending Solutions is hiring a VP – Commercial Lender to work remotely, covering the southern region.
The VP – Commercial Lender will maintain a book of business, will have additional in-house lending authority, and will work with commercial lenders on both yearly goals and individual credits. The Lender will assist with structure, rate, term, and lending policy; work with the SVP – Commercial Lending and the Senior Credit & Operations Manager to update policies and procedures; keep apprised of regulatory changes; and take part in strategic planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes applications for commercial loan business. Reviews member financial condition and assesses member’s ability to re-pay the loan. Makes underwriting decisions within approval authority. Completes or directs completion of all loan documents and closes loans.
- Participates in developing lending and deposit business for the Credit Union. Calls on clients to expand existing business; calls on prospects seeking opportunities to expand the Credit Union’s client base.
- Monitors existing loan portfolio to maintain a high-quality asset base. Maintains up-to-date member files including current balance sheets, profit & loss statements, cash flow projections and all loan documentation.
- Assists in collection of past due loans.
- Assists members with any loan-related questions and concerns.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill
- Ten years to fifteen years of similar or related experience
- (1) A bachelor’s degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor’s degree
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Must have experience in analyzing business financial statements and assessing the viability of businesses; must have excellent communication and PR skills; ability to use related software required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit resumes to Christy Davalli at email@example.com.