New Dimensions FCU is hiring a Teller to float between its Waterville and Winslow locations.
- To provide exceptional service to credit union members by assisting them with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments.
- Performs reception duties as needed.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, visa
payments and loan payments, IRA deposits; sells money orders, corporate share drafts, and
prepaid cards to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed.
- Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members
to appropriate department for specific information and service.
- Open new club accounts and high yield savings accounts. Closes checking and savings accounts.
- Balances cash drawer and daily transactions.
- Identifies cross-service opportunities and cross-sells products/services to credit union members.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, computer input, and during the absence of the receptionist operates the credit union switchboard and directs callers to the appropriate office/staff member.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To provide prompt, courteous, friendly, professional, accurate and personal service to all credit union
- To balance at least 99% of the time, with total offages not to exceed $50 in a 12 month period.
- To handle at least 1500 transactions per month.
- To have no more than one posting error per month.
- To make a minimum of 5 cross service referrals per month.
- To develop and improve knowledge of credit union products and services.
- To behave in a positive manner, assist co-workers as needed in a friendly, courteous, and respectful manner,
and avoid negative behaviors.
- To comply with all credit union policies including reporting to work on time and avoiding unnecessary
- To comply with requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, NCUA Rules and Regulations, and any other
regulations pertaining to the job as described and credit union operations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience – one month to twelve months of similar or related experience.
- Education – a high school education or GED.
- Interpersonal Skills – courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discretion.
- Other Skills – ten key calculator and computer keyboard (30 wpm). Must be good with detail to deal with numbers and names. Willingness to cooperate and assist others. Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), email, and internet. Multi-line phone system experience helpful.
- Physical Requirements – while performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, frequently stands and walks (including going up and down stairs), use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Work Environment – The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
All resumes can be sent to HRDept@newdimensionsfcu.com.