Northeast CU is hiring a Security Fraud Manager in Portsmouth, NH.
Manages and monitors the daily work of the Security/Fraud department to ensure all Fraud investigations and Chargeback processing is completed within established regulatory time frames and in accordance with applicable Visa Regulations and NECU procedures. Responsible for the physical safety and security at all NECU facilities which includes badge accessibility, alarm code distribution. Initiate and process bond and insurance claims as necessary. Ensure that staff is thoroughly trained and cross trained on all functions within the Security/Fraud department, and that staff scheduling provides adequate support and availability including backup for absences. Provide fraud loss reporting to senior management on a monthly basis.
Creates a positive and productive work environment and help to develop and sustain productive and knowledgeable staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
50%: Supervises and coordinates daily work flow within the Security/Fraud department to ensure tasks are completed timely, Synapsys events are completed and employees are cross trained. Develops and implements the NECU security program, selection and implementation of intrusion devices such as alarms, cameras and recording devices. Developing and implementing physical security procedures and processes for all locations in order to eliminate premise liability issues. Maintain accurate building access records to include badge access tracking, alarm code permissions, key inventory logs. Develop and maintain investigative practices and standards for criminal violations, suspicious incidents and policy violations. Response to alarm codes as necessary to ensure safety and soundness of all NECU facilities.
45%: Utilizes the quality and effectiveness of all plastic card fraud detection tools utilized by Visa, Fiserv Card Services. Work with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies to prosecute for criminal activity as necessary. Review daily alerts created by our AML software Verafin to monitor and report suspicious behaviors that may indicate money laundering, kiting, elder exploitation, etc.
5%: Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that all assigned tasks are completed timely and accurately in accordance with established quality standards, regulatory guidelines and department procedures.
- Management is informed of issues or problems that arise.
- Ensure clear communication and excellent morale is maintained between department associates.
- To complete performance reviews within the prescribed time frames.
- To provide friendly, professional, and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
- To keep up to date in all required compliance and credit union training.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience -Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
Education – High School Diploma, Associates degree or two years of equivalent experience in a Security, Fraud Investigative environment.
Interpersonal Skills –
- Exercise skill and judgement in handling internal and external member complaints and inquiries
- This position involves motivating and influencing others. Trust and diplomacy are required
- Must exhibit a positive attitude at all times Other Skills • Strong problem solving capabilities and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage a fast-paced multi-tasking workload where critical accuracy and timeliness measures must be achieved
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal skills
Professional office environment. Moderate noise level. Some travel is required.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Apply online. Visit: https://necu.org/