Maine State CU is hiring a Risk Specialist in its Augusta office.
Why Maine State CU?
At Maine State CU, we are devoted to improving our members’ financial lives, not just the bottom line. When you visit our lobbies in Augusta, Waterville, Gray, or Rockland or engage with our eBranch contact center employees, you will find our friendly, knowledgeable teams eager to assist.
We are growing and so are our people! Recognized as one of Maine’s Best Places to Work for TWELVE years running, our team members are passionate about growth, empowerment, and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve our workplace and better ourselves so we can better support and serve our members.
Maine State CU is a fast-paced, supportive environment that promotes learning and development, team inclusion and fun! If you have a growth mindset, a commitment to teamwork, and a true passion for serving others, you are likely a great fit for our team!
The Risk Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the credit union operates in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. This position will work closely with other departments to ensure compliance and identify areas for improvement. The Risk Specialist will also be responsible for assisting in identifying, assessing, and making recommendations that will manage and mitigate the organizations operational risks.
Provide support in the compliance and risk management of credit union systems and processes. And provide support to the Operations Department in the development, maintenance, and implementation of changes and new projects. Serve as backup to the BSA compliance Officer.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated, team oriented, and a positive thinker with a desire to provide exceptional service in a fast-paced environment. You should have three to five years of similar or related experience. Working knowledge of Credit Union systems
and platforms is beneficial for this position. Some of the responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Review Daily file maintenance reports
- Perform quality reviews with established set of criteria / guidelines
- Conduct security and cash count audits for branches
- Conduct deposit account monitoring and QA
- Conduct loan monitoring and QA/ Review as well as submit HMDA data
- Work with various departments on fraud related activities
- Assist the BSA Officer with Member Due Diligence, CTR, and SAR related filings
- Maintain record retention schedule and vendor documentation
- Create and provide compliance trainings throughout the Credit Union
- Verafin experience a plus but not necessary
Benefits of Employment with Maine State CU:
In addition to our world-class culture, a fun and supportive work environment and opportunities to learn and grow, our employees appreciate the work-life harmony they are able to achieve as part of our team.
We are also proud of the benefits we offer:
- Three options for medical insurance – including one plan with employer paid premiums up to 100%, as well as employer contributions to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Two options for dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life, Short-term Disability and Long-term Disability insurance – 100% employer paid
- Employee Assistance Program – 100% employer paid
- 401(k) employer match, with traditional and Roth options
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 annually for undergraduate degree and $10,000 annually for graduate degree
- Opportunities to volunteer in our local communities
- Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and an abundance of food
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources by phone at 207-623-1851
or email at HR@mainestatecu.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Click here to view job and apply.