Midcoast FCU is hiring an Operations Specialist at its Freeport location.
This position will report to the Operations Manager and will support deposit and card operations as well as the compliance requirements of the credit union through maintenance of member, operations, and accounting records and reports. Candidates for this role will be considered for hybrid remote work. Some onsite work in the Freeport location is required.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of general credit union operations, particularly branch operations
- Monitor and update assigned reports and files timely and accurately
- Set up EFT transfers and ACH origination; process remote deposit capture files and incoming wires; initiate outgoing wires both foreign and domestic; manage database tracking, IRA, and levies; and other assigned disbursement.
- Process card disputes, fraud alerts, and new card account set up requests
- Ensure the department meets all deadlines with respect to deposit and card processing activities
- Perform file maintenance on member accounts appropriately based on activity regarding restrictions or suspensions and communicate with members regarding their account status
- Create and maintain procedural guidelines for daily tasks
- Develop recommendations for improving the efficiency, accuracy, and essential functions of the position to better serve associates and members
Knowledge and Skills:
- Competency with the following software programs: Verafin, Episys, Ascensus, Synergy, and Adobe is a plus
- One to three years of similar or related experience
- A high school education or GED
- Competent with Microsoft Office programs
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact
- Strong communication skills are important
Benefits & Compensation:
Compensation commensurate with experience. Midcoast offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short / long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid time off, paid birthday off, company-wide bonus program, wellness reimbursements, and more.
Midcoast FCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer