CUSO Home Lending is hiring a Mortgage Loan Underwriter at its Hampden location.
Underwriters are responsible for the daily tasks involved with reviewing residential conventional loans to deliver valid credit decisions according to investor, agency, and regulatory guidelines for specific loan programs; evaluates credit worthiness and borrowers’ ability to qualify for mortgage loan in the amount requested with the collateral desired based on investor and agency standards.
- 3+ years mortgage underwriting experience required
- Experience underwriting Maine State Housing Authority, USDA, FHA, and VA programs preferred
- Strong credit, risk analysis, and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and handle high work volumes
- Capacity to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to deliver difficult messages with accuracy and confidence
- Strong knowledge of federal and state lending laws
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and manage time effectively while practicing sound judgment
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software. knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral communication skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to help others
Interested candidates are invited to submit resumes to Sandy Leavitt at email@example.com.