New Dimensions FCU is hiring a Mortgage Loan Officer at its Waterville location.
- This position requires acting as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) and registration in the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in accordance with applicable State and Federal law, including the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008. The MLO will follow established credit union procedures designed to monitor the continued registration in the NMLS.
- To assist members with commercial and mortgage lending needs. Originates, analyzes, and approves mortgage loans by examining application and supporting documentation; estimating credit worthiness; and calculating repayment risks based on lending policy. Closes mortgages.
- Interview commercial loan applicants, forward to commercial underwriter for analysis.
- Recommends other consumer products, when feasible, and coordinates with consumer loan officers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Interviews loan applicants to develop information concerning their loan needs, earnings, and financial condition.
- Analyzes current financial position of members to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Makes decision to approve, disapprove, or forward the loan request to higher levels for decision on mortgage loans.
- Prepares, reviews, and processes accurate and timely loan documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Explains loan programs to members, evaluates their needs, and recommends loan options.
- Establishes the terms and conditions of an approved loan or renewal and reviews them with the member.
- Reviews HELOCs for continuation of credit line before the renewal review period matures.
- Keeps informed of current trends and regulatory changes in consumer, commercial, and mortgage credit.
- Participates in sales development activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To receive acceptable ratings for loan quality from auditors and examiners.
- To maintain a professional, courteous, and friendly atmosphere for members and co-workers.
- To troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquires in a timely, friendly, and accurate manner.
- To process loan documents, reports, and new loans or loan requests in a timely fashion with 95% to 100% accuracy.
- To maintain a current knowledge of credit union products and services.
- To be aware of and initiate cross-selling opportunities.
- To behave in a positive manner; assist co-workers as needed in a friendly, courteous, and respectful manner; and avoid negative behaviors.
- To comply with all credit union policies including reporting to work on time and avoiding unnecessary absences.
- To comply with requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, NCUA Rules and Regulations, and any other regulations pertaining to the job as described and credit union operations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience – three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Education – (1) a two-year college degree, or (2) completion of a specialized certification or licensing, or (3) completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors, or (4) job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program.
- Interpersonal Skills – work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Other Skills – ability to operate a 10-key calculator, computer keyboard (40 wpm) for extended periods of time. Ability to use a personal computer and related software applications including Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with internet and email. Strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills. Attention to details. Professional voice and good dictation.
- Physical Requirements – occasional travel including closings at local attorney’s office and out-of-town trainings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, frequently stands and walks (including going up and down stairs), use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Work Environment – The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
All resumes can be sent to HRDept@newdimensionsfcu.com.