Northeast CU is hiring a Mortgage/Equity Underwriter in Portsmouth.
Responsible for making lending decisions on all mortgage and equity loans by following Credit Union, Secondary Market and/or other investor and regulatory requirements. Adheres to and upholds Northeast Credit Unions Values & Service Standards.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
55% : Reviews and analyzes loan documents to determine if borrower and property meet all requirements set forth by the Credit Union, Investor, and by Regulatory guidelines.
15%: Approves or rejects loan applications or requests additional information in order to make lending decisions. This includes contacting the member for clarification of documentation.
15%: Reviews and analyzes all appraisals and approves value given by appraiser.
5%: Identifies risks resulting from underlying business practices and/or fraud exposure.
5%: Ensures all mortgage and equity loans meet Points/Fees and High Priced loan tests and HMDA requirements.
5%: Performs other job related duties as assigned.
We Can Offer You:
- Training to support your career goals.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits.
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions up to 11%.
- Tuition assistance.
- The chance to make a difference in your community, through day-to-day interactions and volunteerism.
- Two years to five years of similar or related experience in mortgage and equity underwriting.
- Strong underwriting knowledge and decision making ability including analyzing self-employed income.
- Knowledge of all regulatory underwriting rules especially Appendix Q.
- Experience with Freddie Mac and LPA underwriting findings.
- Experience with an LOS system, preferably FICS. Familiar with Synapsis and Episys.
- Must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE ACT, including but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier for NMLS.
- General Knowledge of business administration, strong business math, written and verbal communications and the ability to read and comprehend instructions, documentation and compliance regulations associated with mortgage lending-normally through completion of high school education and some college coursework in business administration or equivalent education or training.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including using Excel.
- Well organized and ability to multitask.
If you are looking for an exciting career, Northeast Credit Union is the place! Our employee total rewards package includes competitive salaries, incentive programs, comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits, 401(k) plan with employer contributions up to 11%, training and professional development programs, tuition assistance, paid leave, and work/life programs. Join us today!
Please visit www.necu.org/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer