Northeast CU is hiring a Mortgage/Equity Processor at its Portsmouth location.
Primary loan support to sales staff for all mortgage and equity loans. Coordinates and performs the daily activities of each transaction from initial disclosure to the closing and funding functions. Ensures the quality of the loan package(s) is in conformance with credit union and regulatory agency requirements. Adhere to and uphold Northeast Credit Union’s Values and Service Standards.
- Work involves extensive communication including, but not limited to, verbal, written and electronic, interaction, and collaboration with people on a daily basis in order to provide exemplary service.
- Reviews file to verify all conditions have been met prior to closing and call the appropriate parties to collect conditions that are outstanding.
- Verifies accuracy of all loan documents and assures that all files are complete and in compliance with regulatory agencies and internal policies.
- Serves as the point of contact between the members/borrowers, real estate brokers, title company and sales staff ensuring regular communication with all parties through telephone calls, emails, and other such notification methods.
- Process appropriate closing documentation for delivery to Title Company, lending officer and member as required.
- Updates accurate figures into FICS/OA for all loan documents to meet all regulatory requirements including tolerance levels and APR.
- Responsible for ordering and tracking appraisals, legal work, flood certifications, and the scheduling of loan closings.
- Answers questions regarding closing requirements including scheduling and documents.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Two to five years’ similar or related experience.
- Good understanding of lending terms and compliance regulations.
- Must be able to perform the daily activities of each transaction from initial disclosure to the closing and funding functions.
- Excellent communication skills- written & verbal.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A high school education or GED with emphasis on business administration.
- Must have or be able to obtain an NMLS #.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life and insurance benefits.
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions up to 11%.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Tuition assistance.
- Training to support your career goals.
- The chance to make a difference in your community, through day-to-day interactions and volunteerism.
Join us today!
Equal Opportunity Employer