Connected CU is hiring a Member Service/Teller at its Augusta location.
The chosen candidate will be instrumental in assisting the credit union in building lifelong financial relationships with members while delivering the highest level of service to each member. The desired candidate understands the credit union’s products and services and actively promotes these options to best meet member financial needs. He/she will perform a wide variety of member service functions such as opening and closing consumer/business accounts; assisting members to establish electronic service options; processing transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, and check cashing; selling money orders, cashier’s checks, and gift cards; processing loan/credit card payments; handling cash advances; providing members with both direct and telephone assistance; ensuring confidentiality of member records and transactions; and performing additional duties as assigned and requested. He/she will be responsible for the accurate and efficient daily balancing of teller work and their cash drawer, as well as assisting with all opening and closing duties of the department. The successful candidate must quickly learn and maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance, including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws.
Job Requirements and Desired Experience:
- Must have achieved a high school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of required credit union courses as assigned
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience
- Experience utilizing Windows-based computers and related programs/functions, keyboarding, 10 key calculator, and general office equipment
- Must possess good communication skills: verbal, non-verbal, and written
- Professional appearance
- Moderate lifting ability required (up to 35 pounds)
- Ability to stand for periods of time as needed for member service or assigned duties
- Interacts with courtesy, tact, and diplomacy with a focus on teamwork and commitment to attaining goals and objectives of the position, as well as those of the credit union.
The successful candidate may be required to pass a skills test, a pre-employment background check, and a drug screening.
In addition to being a supportive employer providing a pleasant work environment, Connected CU is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering excellent benefits:
- Full time employee benefits include medical, dental, life and long-term disability coverage, paid vacations/holidays/sick time, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.
To explore this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume in confidence to: Kelly Perkins, Connected Credit Union, 85 Civic Center Dr., PO Box 1096, Augusta, ME 04332-1096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connected CU is a member-owned financial cooperative; democratically controlled by its members; and operated for the purpose of encouraging savings, providing credit at competitive rates, and providing a wide array of financial services to its members.
Originally established in 1967 as the Maine Teachers Association CU, we have grown and evolved to become today’s Connected CU serving 8,400 members with assets of over $120 million. We currently meet our members’ financial needs from our offices located in Augusta and Winslow.
Building lifelong financial relationships; get connected, stay connected.
Connected Credit Union; www.connectedcreditunion.org; EOE