Downeast CU is hiring a full-time Member Service Representative at its Bangor branch.
Downeast CU is a member-owned financial cooperative created in 1941 for the purpose of providing additional value and financial options to its membership. We partner with our members and tailor our products and services to meet their specific individual needs. Our credit union is much different than a bank, with our sole purpose to continually improve the financial well-being of all members collectively – not just a few stockholders. Our credit union promotes a People Helping People philosophy and culture; a culture where we serve people, not profit.
Commitment to our members is not the only thing growing at Downeast CU, as we are making a commitment to all of our Team Members as well. The credit union is currently developing its plans to expand internal growth opportunity with its pay for performance program, medical benefits and personal time policy, and just recently, an individual development program was put in place, with on-line educational classes that allow Team Members to become certified in different areas.
If you are a person who is interested in growing with us, then you are an ideal candidate to belong to our caring and compassionate organization. We’re searching for a Member Service Representative for our Bangor Branch location. The chosen candidates will become an advocate for our membership and will assist our team in accomplishing all objectives associated with the “People helping People” philosophy.
The preferred requirements are as follows:
- 1-2 years Member Service experience preferred (Will provide training and education to the ideal candidate who is a great cultural fit, even though no experience in the financial industry)
- A strong knowledge of internet and Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate and cross service CU products
- Acquire strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who is self-motivated, organized, detail oriented/multi-tasker
- Kind, caring and passionate in helping others
- Actively participating and contributing within your local community
- High-School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
This full-time position offers a generous base salary, benefits available upon date of hire are an 80% employer-paid medical plan, 100% employer-paid dental and life insurance plans, a 401k retirement program where the employer provides a 4% match, an average of twelve-paid holidays, and up-to five weeks paid vacation per year.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: Donna Cochran, VP – HR, Downeast Credit Union, 23 Third Avenue, Baileyville, ME 04694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also stop by any branch of Downeast CU for an application, or download one from our website, www.downeastcu.com.