Northeast CU is hiring a Member Service Representative at its Portsmouth Navy Shipyard location.
Provide members and potential members with product and service information in a helpful efficient manner, build and retain member relationships, through service quality and member needs satisfaction; open and close member accounts, promote the Credit Union’s products and satisfy members’ financial needs through selling additional credit union services; originate loans and increase deposits by meeting identified member needs; cross sell other NECU products and services and ancillary products as appropriate.
Adhere to and uphold Northeast Credit Union’s Values and Service Standards.
Work involves extensive communication including, but not limited to, verbal, written and electronic, interaction, and collaboration with people on a daily basis in order to provide exemplary service.
- Meet members’ needs by providing outstanding service, problem resolution and needs based selling; interviewing loan applicants, closing loans, cross-selling, referring mortgages or prospecting and seeing the mortgage process from application to loan closing.
- Meet individual sales goals along with cross-selling credit union products and services which includes Credit Life/Credit Disability; Debt Protection; GAP; and Route 66.
- Accurately process member service transactions, maintaining proper security, while exercising good judgment, utilizing knowledge of products and services, and related procedures.
- Adhere to operational controls including legal and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of members and Credit Union assets.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Two to five years’ similar or related experience.
- A high school education or GED.
- Must be able to perform the daily activities of each transaction from initial disclosure to the closing and funding functions.
- Excellent communication skills- written & verbal.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life and insurance benefits.
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions up to 11%.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Tuition assistance.
- Training to support your career goals.
- The chance to make a difference in your community, through day-to-day interactions and volunteerism.
Join us today!
Equal Opportunity Employer