Downeast CU is hiring a Licensed Insurance Agent for its CUSO, Downeast Insurance.
Downeast CU is a member-owned financial cooperative created in 1941 for the purpose of providing additional value and financial options to its membership including being 100% owner of Downeast Insurance. We partner with our members and tailor our products and services to meet their specific individual needs. Our credit union is much different than a bank, with our sole purpose to continually improve the financial well-being of all members collectively – not just a few stockholders. Our credit union and insurance agency promote a People Helping People philosophy and culture; a culture where we serve people, not profit.
If you are a person who is interested in growing professionally, working for one of the Best Places to Work in Maine, and love helping people, then you are an ideal candidate to belong to our caring and compassionate organization. We are looking for a licensed insurance agent to join our team. The chosen candidates will become an advocate for our clients and will assist our team in accomplishing all objectives associated with the People Helping People philosophy. This position would be housed in one of our eight branch locations, with the possibility of a work from home option.
The preferred requirements are as follows:
- 3-5 years of experience in the insurance industry
- Knowledge of Applied Epic is preferred
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate and cross-sell insurance products
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who is self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented
- Kind, caring, and passionate in helping others
- Actively participating and contributing within your local community
- High-school diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- Maine State Property & Casualty Insurance License
This full-time position offers a generous base salary. Benefits available upon date of hire are an 80% employer-paid medical plan, 100% employer-paid dental and life insurance plans, a 401k retirement program where the employer provides a 4% match, an average of twelve paid holidays, up to five weeks paid vacation per year, and educational opportunities.
Please send your application, cover letter and resume to: