Infinity FCU is hiring a Frontline Manager in Westbrook.
Position Summary: Perform a variety of duties and build member relationships founded on trust by providing quality member service with the highest degree of accuracy and professionalism. Responsible for the day to day branch operations and supervision of the teller staff. Coach staff to operate consistently with Infinity’s vision, mission and core values.
Assume responsibility for vault and teller operations as well. Provide sales leadership and guidance to the team. Assist the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager with goal attainment. Ensuring the decision making process is filtered through MOE. Monitors service and sales quality levels and mentors staff to achieve goals. Responsible for coaching/disciplinary actions for staff under the guidance of the Branch Manager. Handles all member interactions/transactions in a professional, courteous, and confident manner.
Has Responsibilities Such As:
- Accountable for maintaining sales productivity requirements, as well as the attainment of assigned goals. Monitors the department’s sales and operational activity, including such items as the number of transactions, member traffic volume, teller errors, referrals and sales, computer down time, etc., and report these statistics on a monthly basis
- Supervise the activities of the teller operation area by assigning work, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems, explaining policies and procedures to employees or members, etc. Be available for supervisory overrides, check approvals, and member error resolutions. Assist tellers in handling complex transactions as well as train new tellers.
- Coach the staff on a regular basis to improve their sales/operational skills for the betterment of the individual/team/credit union. Coaching and feedback should be in a manner that encourages skill building and member engagement/participation.
- Maintain prescribed security controls to protect the safety and soundness of the members’ money. Monitor the activities within the lobby area to protect against criminal and fraudulent operations, as well as unnecessary risk or exposure.
- Maintain the proper security of the lobby area, which includes the verification of the locks on the safe and office doors. Responsible for ensuring Tellers keep their cash drawers closed and locked when not in use. Ensure the vault is locked during business hours; ensure the tellers keep their cash drawers closed and securely stored; and, nightly verification of the locks on the safe and office doors.
- Coordinate lobby management to ensure all members are greeted and assisted immediately and we are finding the right person to help them. Coach the lobby coordinator and the rest of the teller line on lobby management. Create and maintain a schedule for lobby time during peak hours and actively participate in it as well.
- Able to perform all duties in the Teller Department as well as perform the monthly audits. Solely responsible for safe boxes, vault security and accuracy of vault operations. Replenish the vault supply and CDM by ordering currency and coin through our cash vendor.
- Ensure that the tellers are functioning smoothly in a team environment during business hours by adequately staffing the teller line at all times. Maintain a teller drawer on a daily basis to provide coverage in the efficient handling of member transactions.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs as obtained from member interviews and/or review of member’s accounts, keeping in mind our areas of focus. Provide consistent, exceptional quality service to the membership in order to build long term member relationships. Required to participate in group telesales events from time to time to generate leads for specific product lines.
- Assist Branch Manager with marketing/community events.
- Uphold the professional image of the credit union in areas of communication, dress code, and appearance of the teller and lobby area.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge on all of Infinity’s products and services.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge on related policies, procedures, and rules and regulations including robbery procedures. Must be familiar with aspects of BSA reporting. Ensures on-going compliance with audit procedures and other applicable guidelines.
- Open/Close the branch; adheres to all credit union security procedures during this process.
- Monitor and address performance issues, and deliver performance appraisals and disciplinary action as necessary. Monitor daily proving performance and implement appropriate disciplinary measures to address inequities as needed.
- Handles/Follows up on member grievances and research items in accordance with credit union policy.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Adhere to all security procedures and regulatory guidelines for Regulation CC, the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA Patriot Act/Customer Identification Act (CIP). Maintain confidentiality of current, past, and potential members and their personal and financial information
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned by management.
- Must be able to work Saturdays
- High School graduate, though a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is preferred. Banking certifications and related course work are a plus.
- Strong leadership and management skills, preferably with three-to-five years showing increasingly responsible supervisory responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated for sales, prospecting, sales planning, selling to member needs.
- High energy level with excellent presentation skills.
- Exemplary professionalism.
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable
- Normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds
Those holding this position must be capable of performing all duties and responsibilities, either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation, as determined by management.