Maine State CU is hiring a Financial Services Representative at its Augusta location.
Why Maine State CU?
At Maine State CU, we are devoted to improving our members’ financial lives, not just the bottom line. When you visit our lobbies in Augusta or Waterville, or engage with our eBranch contact center employees, you will find our friendly, knowledgeable teams eager to assist.
We are growing and so are our people! Recognized as one of Maine’s Best Places to Work for eight years running, our team members are passionate about growth, empowerment and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve our workplace and better ourselves so we can better support and serve our members. It’s exciting to think that this focus has allowed many of our employees to advance rapidly and led to a 60% promotion rate for our employees over the past year.
Maine State CU is a fast-paced, supportive environment that promotes learning and development, team inclusion and fun! If you have a growth mindset, a commitment to teamwork and a true passion for serving others, you are likely a great fit for our team!
Financial Services Representative
Builds and maintains strong relationships with our members and proactively explores current and future member needs. A thorough understanding of all deposit products and electronic delivery services allows the Representative to open new accounts, originate loan application requests, manage complex accounts, provide support and follow-up on inquiries, and resolve problems with the intention of exceeding member expectations. Acts as the primary liaison for member technical support with regard to the various electronic products and services.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated, team oriented, positive thinker with a desire to provide exceptional service in a fast-paced environment. You should have a minimum of six months related experience (one or more years preferred). Also required are strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and members; professional appearance; solid work ethic; reliable attendance; work accuracy and an ability to be detail oriented. A high school diploma or GED is required.
This position may require registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and Registry on an annual basis in addition to maintaining updates as needed. The Credit Union will pay the fees associated with registration as a MLO.
Benefits of Employment with Maine State CU:
$500 sign-on bonus for external candidate after 6 months of successful employment. In addition to our world-class culture, a fun and supportive work environment and opportunities to learn and grow, our employees appreciate the work-life harmony they are able to achieve as part of our team.
We are also proud of the benefits we offer:
- Three options for medical insurance – employer paid premiums up to 100% for employees and up to 90% for dependents, as well as employer contributions to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Two options for dental insurance – employer paid premiums up to 90% for employees and up to 60% for dependents
- Vision insurance – employer paid premiums up to 90% for employees and up to 60% for dependents
- Life, Short-term Disability and Long-term Disability insurance – 100% employer paid
- Employee Assistance Program – 100% employer paid
- 401(k) employer match, with traditional and Roth options
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 annually
- Opportunities to volunteer in our local communities
- Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and an abundance of food
Click here to apply.