New Dimensions FCU is hiring a Debt Resolution Specialist at its Digital Branch in Waterville.
To preserve the credit union’s assets by controlling delinquent loan accounts, collecting delinquent loan payments and/or recovering collateral.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Contacts delinquent borrowers by phone and mail; takes appropriate action to bring current.
Assesses financial situation of delinquent borrowers; determines mutually acceptable payment arrangements or makes decision to repossess collateral when other arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful. Makes recommendations for escalated situations.
Maintains accurate files and reports on all collections activity including Episys queues and electronic legal records, and credit report disputes.
Testifies at legal proceedings as required.
Informs management of trends in loan underwriting contributing to delinquent and charged-off loans.
Keeps manager informed of collection issues on a regular basis.
Maintains Episys collection record of all activity.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- To maintain accurate and complete records of all collection and recovery activity.
- To ensure that collection activity is both within credit union policy and all relevant regulations.
- To identify and inform management of potential underwriting problems/issues.
- To provide friendly, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
- To maintain delinquency ratio less than 1%.
- To maintain a strong working relationship with attorney concerning the legality of collection issues and compliance issues.
- To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
- To behave in a positive manner, assist co-workers as needed in a friendly, courteous, and respectful manner, and avoid negative behaviors.
- To comply with all credit union policies including reporting to work on time and avoiding unnecessary absences.
- To comply with requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, NCUA Rules and Regulations, and any other regulations pertaining to the job as described and credit union operations.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Ability to operate a 10-key calculator, computer keyboard (40 wpm) for extended periods of time. Ability to use a personal computer and related software applications including Microsoft word and excel. Familiarity with internet and email. Strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills. Attention to details. Professional voice and good diction.
Occasional travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, occasionally stand and walk (including going up and down stairs), use hands and fingers for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, speak and hear. The specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Applicants should submit their resumes to: HRDept@newdimensionsfcu.com