New Dimensions FCU is hiring a Consumer Loan Consultant at its Augusta branch.
To assist members with their consumer loan applications; process, close and disburse loan proceeds; submit supporting documentation to appropriate department, and to assist the Lending Department as needed.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Interviews member loan applicants in person, on the phone, or electronically reviews applications, to determine their loan needs. Recommends loan options and prepares for review by a Loan Officer.
Establishes the terms/conditions to present loans for approval. Reviews loans with the member and counsels as needed.
Prepares, reviews and processes accurate and timely loan documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Participates in sales development activities by outlining the benefits of loan protection products and money saving opportunities.
Secures collateral pledged loans by filing lien documents with the appropriate agencies or providing the information to loan processing to do so.
Effectively communicates the importance of sound money management using credit reports and loan applications as tools.
Responds to members inquires.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- To prepare consumer loan applications for approval within 1day of receipt.
- To close, organize and complete consumer loan files within 24 hours with 95% to 100% accuracy.
- To originate, process, close and organize mortgage files in a timely fashion.
- To maintain a working knowledge of the credit union’s loan standards, policies, procedures, and governmental regulations.
- To sell assigned volume of insurance products and to meet other minimum established incentive goals each month.
- To maintain a professional, courteous, and friendly atmosphere for members and co-workers.
- To behave in a professional, positive manner, assist co-workers as needed in a friendly, courteous, and respectful manner, and avoid negative behaviors.
- To comply with all credit union policies including reporting to work on time and avoiding unnecessary absences.
- To comply with requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, NCUA Rules and Regulations, and any other regulations pertaining to the job as described and credit union operations.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
10-key calculator, typewriter, and keyboard skills. Positive and outgoing personality with strong communication skills. Enjoys working with and helping members with their financial needs. Must be goal oriented, a self-starter, sales, and results driven.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, occasionally stand and walk (including going up and down stairs), use hands and fingers for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, speak and hear. The specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants should submit their resumes to: HRDept@newdimensionsfcu.com