Midcoast FCU is hiring a Card Operations Manager at its Freeport branch. This position will oversee two Card Operations Specialists and report to the SVP Operations. Candidates should possess a strong operational background and supervisory experience. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the compliance and regulatory environment of both debit and credit card services. Keen technical abilities with various cards related software applications, the ability to troubleshoot, research, and implement new processes, procedures and services are all must have skills for this role. A true desire and passion for training and development of others is needed. Well-developed interpersonal skills and a collaborative mindset are required.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Review, process, and complete card services reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Address card fraud and chargebacks in a timely manner in compliance with governing regulations.
- Make recommendations for improving the efficiency, accuracy, and essential functions of the department to better serve members and associates.
- Work with both external and internal department staff to provide training in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with current and upcoming Visa regulations and compliance requirements, including marketing compliance.
- Oversight and maintenance of ATM machines.
- Meet required deadlines for card ordering, reissues, and returned cards.
- Update Members accounts appropriately based on activity and communicate with Members regarding their card status.
- Monitor, review, and update credit card reports to ensure accuracy; purging, removing expired or invalid cards timely to maintain cost efficiencies.
- Ensure that card limits are set within parameters established by the Credit Union policies.
- Monitor monthly ATM reports for accuracy and compliance and assist with ATM related accounting reports and research out of balance situations.
- Provide backup support to the card services department.
Trust and diplomacy are required, as well as courtesy and tact as this position often involves extensive contact with others of a personal or sensitive nature. The ability to motivate and influence others is essential. Fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) is necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Knowledge in both credit card and debit card programs.
- High school education or GED
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is commensurate with experience, and a company-wide bonus program is available based upon Credit Union performance. The employee benefits package includes health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) employer match program, paid time off, paid holidays, paid birthday off and additional wellness-based benefits.
To be considered for this role, please submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer