Dirigo FCU is hiring a Branch Manager/Mortgage Loan Officer at its Auburn branch. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, career-minded professional with the vision, passion, and ability for exceeding the expectations of our member-owners.
Branch Manager role is responsible for delivery of superior quality member service while adhering to regulatory and policy guidelines through personal service and supervision of direct reporting staff. Responsible for day-to-day branch operations and supervises direct report staff to see that flow of work is being done and that all services are being handled properly. Responsible for business development in assigned area.
Mortgage Loan Officer role evaluates, authorizes, and/or recommends approval of real estate or consumer credit loans; advises borrowers on financial status and methods of payments; may perform the duties of a mortgage loan officer, agent, collection analyst, loan servicing officer, and/or loan underwriter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop referral networks and market Credit Union products and services that meet members’ borrowing and other financial needs.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Work with members to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals.
- Explain different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services. Includes various types of secondary market, portfolio, and consumer loans.
- Obtain, compile, and analyze loan applicants’ credit histories, application information, property/collateral valuations and eligibility, personal and corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Approve loans within specified limits and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Provide timely disclosures and documents to applicants in compliance with regulatory requirements and Credit Union service standards.
- Confer with and submit applications to underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application problems, completing, and providing verifications, and obtaining loan approval recommendation.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products to better meet members’ needs.
- Maintains communication between the branch and senior management; prepares and submits standards reports; attends scheduled management meetings.
- Formulates recommendations and provides feedback to management regarding operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of the Credit Union’s products and services to efficiently train and motivate staff to cross-sell.
- Provides training to staff regarding operations and policies.
- Supervises and motivates branch staff to maintain optimal member service satisfaction levels.
- Assists in evaluating staffs’ work performance by helping to prepare and deliver annual reviews. Assists in managing the security and safety of the branch by analyzing security and safety policies and procedures. Alerts staff of any changes.
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, and training of new tellers and member service team members.
- Recommends raises and promotions to senior management when appropriate.
- Handles HR issues including employee termination within the branch when necessary.
- Key holder (Open/Closes Branch)
- Has knowledge of all areas and functions of the branch and can fill in where needed if appropriate.
- Handle member complaints and take appropriate action to document and resolve them. Develop new and existing member relationships and strengthen those relationships by providing the best deposit and loan solutions; take individual responsibility for developing new business, referrals, and retention of account relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a cohesive, highly trained, motivated staff sufficient to meet daily branch demands.
- Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members and staff.
- Maintain or exceed annual budgeted branch operating and growth plan.
- Develop and maintain business partner relationships with community groups and area schools by calling on potential members and partners, and coordinating branch participation in community activities.
- Effectively evaluate the efficiency of the branch and develop specific recommendations for improvements to personnel, facilities, products, pricing, policies, and processes.
- Meet or exceed the established branch goals each month and ensure direct reports achieve their individual goals.
- Promote a sales culture within the branch by example. Coach and develop employees to maximize their potential and to identify cross sales and other opportunities to improve sales and contribute to the growth of the branch.
- Note observations of employee performance both positive and negative. Give and receive feedback from employee on the same day, and no later than 3 working days after observation, and complete annual performance reviews within the prescribed timeframe.
The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- Two to five years of similar or related experience.
- Strong member service skills.
- Knowledge of sales and relationship building skills.
- Knowledge and awareness of all Credit Union products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following Credit Union procedures.
Education Requirements: The following education/experience requirements are considered essential:
- Bachelor’s degree; or
- Sufficient related banking/financial service experience; or
- Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school; or
- Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package.
- 401(k) with matching program.
- Health Insurance with employer provided HSA contributions.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- ST/LT Disability Insurance.
- Paid Time Off.
- Paid Holidays.
- Tuition Reimbursement
Interested applicants can apply to Amy Fox at email@example.com.