Downeast CU is hiring a Branch Manager at its Belfast location.
Downeast CU is a member-owned financial cooperative created in 1941 for the purpose of providing additional value and financial options to its membership. We partner with our members and tailor our products and services to meet their specific individual needs. Our credit union is much different than a bank, with our sole purpose to continually improve the financial well-being of all members collectively – not just a few stockholders. Our credit union promotes a “People Helping People” philosophy and culture; a culture where we serve people, not profit.
Commitment to our members is not the only thing growing at Downeast CU, as we are making a commitment to all of our Team Members as well. The credit union is currently developing its plans to expand internal growth opportunity with its pay for performance program, medical benefits, personal time policy, and just recently, an individual development program was put in place, with on-line educational classes that allow Team Members to become certified in different areas.
If you are a person who is interested in growing with us, then you are an ideal candidate to belong to our caring and compassionate organization. We’re searching for a Branch Manager for our Belfast Branch location. The chosen candidates will become an advocate for our membership and will assist our team in accomplishing all objectives associated with the “People Helping People” philosophy.
The preferred requirements are as follows:
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff, maintaining effective employee relations.
- Recommend, implement, and supervise the budget for the branch.
- Apply and evaluate policies and procedures for the branch. Ensure that the branch is in compliance with federal laws and regulations set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and other regulatory agencies.
- Recruit and select quality applicants for vacancies, ensuring that the credit union is adequately staffed with competent employees.
- Evaluate the job performance of branch office staff to ensure quality of work and service to members.
- Recommend salary increases.
- Work with internal auditor to ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Monitor branch activity, including number of transactions, volume, teller errors, loan volume, teller and loan personal sales, and new accounts.
- Monitor key products and sales within branch to ensure profitable and sound business practices and a high quality of service for members.
- Manage the security and safety of the branch. Analyze and monitor security and safety policies and procedures on an on-going basis.
- Ensure that staff receives on-going training on security and robbery procedures.
- Schedule adequate staff to ensure efficient branch operation.
- Monitor branch operations to ensure a consistent, professional approach.
- Assist staff or members in solving complex account problems.
- Create and maintain a cross-selling environment within the branch. Train employees to maximize opportunities to sell products.
- Performs routine member transactions including deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, CD transactions, transfers, check cashing, and Visa payments.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member’s needs.
- Conduct weekly community outreach visits to local businesses to grow the Branch and credit union
The full-time position offers a generous base salary, an 80% employer-paid medical plan, as well as a 100% employer-paid dental and life insurance plans (immediate upon hire); a 401k retirement program that includes a 5% employer match (immediate upon hire), an average of twelve-paid holidays, and up-to five weeks paid vacation per year.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: Donna Cochran, VP – HR, Downeast Credit Union, 23 Third Avenue, Baileyville, ME 04694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also stop by any branch of Downeast CU for an application, or download one from our website, www.downeastcu.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer