Northeast Credit Union is seeking an AVP Financial Accounting in Portsmouth, NH.
Directs the operations of the Accounting Department; prepares monthly and annual financial reports, ensure complete, accurate, and timely completion of financial and accounting records for the credit union’s Senior Management, Asset Liability Management (ALM) Committee and the Board of Directors. Works with outside CPA firms in the preparation of audited financials. Works with regulatory and government agencies during regulatory reviews.
Upholds and adheres to Northeast Credit Union’s Values and Service Standards.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily operations of department. This includes approval of accounts payable checks, reconciliation of bank accounts balancing of FICS and CUSO subsidiaries. Ensures that daily cash accounts are balanced and funds are moved to meet daily settlement needs. Maintains, tests, and provides required information to support lines of credit and/or other investments within various organizations. Works with lenders to ensure timely deposit of loan advances and payment of advances when due. Makes recommendations to SVP for purchases of investments with other financial institutions and/or providers. Analyzes and recommends improvement processes within Financial Accounting Department.
- Responsible for the preparation of all financial, statistical, and accounting records of the credit union. On a monthly basis, prepares a GL reconciliation of entire accounting system. Makes recommendations for write-offs to SVP and CEO. On a quarterly basis reviews and balances the ALLL review as performed by the SVP Lending. Works with SVP of Lending to ensure credit union is in compliance with Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL).
- Responsible for all tax reporting for the organization and it’s CUSOs. This includes annual Form 990, Personal Property Taxes (Maine Branches), IRA, and escheating of dormant accounts to states.
- On an annual basis, reviews, updates, and validates Mortgage Servicing Rights report as produced by an ALM provider.
- On a quarterly basis, prepares and files the NCUA’s Call Report. Ensures that the report is prepared accurately and within the filing guidelines established by the NCUA.
- Manages and ensures accuracy of loan participation accounting records.
- Responsible for the weekly FRB 2900 report. Reviews manual accounting entries on a daily basis.
- Administers Eastcorp access, mortgage servicers rights, and CUNA rights. Also, acts as administrator for corporate wire access and Indirect Auto Sales access on mainframe.
- Hires, trains, directs, and evaluates employee performance within the department; recommends promotions/transfers and salary adjustments.
- Participates on the Leadership Team. Collaborates, develops, and maintains reporting and communication processes with other departments and business line leaders. Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
We Can Offer You:
- Comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits
- 401 (k) with employer contributions up to 11%
- Training to support your career goals.
- The chance to make a difference in your community, through day-to-day interactions and volunteerism.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Tuition assistance.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Five years to eight years of similar or related experience in Finance/Accounting.
- Experience leading and developing a high performing team.
- Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field.)
- MBA, CPA, or CFA preferred.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to grow and develop a team.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required; ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and tasks; adjusts priorities as needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with accounting software packages.
- Ability to create and analyze complex spreadsheets.
- Strong critical-thinking skills.
- Problem-solving, analysis, and research skills are a must to ensure compliance and recommend ongoing improvements to policies and procedures.
- Monarch data extraction or similar product experience preferred.
If you are looking for an exciting career, Northeast Credit Union is the place! Our employee total rewards package includes competitive salaries, incentive programs, comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits, 401(k) plan with employer contributions up to 11%, training and professional development programs, tuition assistance, paid leave, and work/life programs. Join us today!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Online at www.necu.org/careers