Northeast CU is seeking to hire an Application Specialist for their growing IT department in Portsmouth, NH.
Provide system administration; support for software installs and release upgrades; report writing; programming; testing; and documenting solutions for service requests. Vendor liaison responsibilities include managing the participation in project work, computer systems problem identification and resolution.
Adheres to and upholds Northeast Credit Unions Values & Service Standards.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
35%: Work with users to identify and define problems and/or new requests within the assigned system(s) and all interfaces. Develop business requirements, functional specifications, user acceptance tests, implementation plans and user documentation, as required.
30%: Provide a full range of programming and report writing including program design, program coding and debugging.
15%: Coordinate vendor involvement on assigned projects to install new software and release upgrades; add new functionality and/or resolve problems for timely project completion.
10%: Provide access authorization and control for assigned production systems, maintaining an accurate audit record of all requests and monitoring license compliance. Adhere to and uphold Northeast Credit Union’s Information Security procedures.
5%: Evaluate system processes and utilize results to develop and implement solutions that ensure business continuity with the highest and best use of the system and applications.
5%: Perform other job related duties as assigned.
We can offer you:
- Training to support your career goals.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits.
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions up to 11%.
- Tuition assistance.
- The chance to make a difference in your community, through day-to-day interactions and volunteerism.
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
- Education equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision and independently conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact efficiently and effectively with other internal departments
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Is firmly and clearly committed to the philosophy of delivering the highest quality service to the organization, to its users, and to its members.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components.
- On-call availability for 2 days per month.
If you are looking for an exciting career, Northeast Credit Union is the place! Our employee total rewards package includes competitive salaries, incentive programs, comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits, 401(k) plan with employer contributions up to 11%, training and professional development programs, tuition assistance, paid leave, and work/life programs. Join us today!
Please visit www.necu.org/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer