Midcoast Federal Credit Union is seeking an experienced Accounting Analyst to support our Finance Department. This individual will prepare complete, accurate, and timely financial and accounting records for the Accounting Manager. They will provide support for the daily operations of the Finance Department, including working with our third-party vendors to coordinate facility repairs and maintenance. The ideal candidate will possess a degree in Accounting or 3-5 years of accounting related experience, a strong analytical mind, and advanced skills in Access and Excel.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly & annual financial, statistical, regulatory and accounting records, including performing and reviewing GL reconciliations, for review by the Accounting Manager.
- Provide backup support for the Accounting Specialist II in completing the daily accounting work.
- Monitor & make recommendations for improvement to the Credit Union’s internal controls as well as creating and maintaining an accounting procedures manual.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with oversight of facilities maintenance.
- Ability to create various reports using Access and Credit Union applications.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Meet all reporting deadlines with minimal errors, and no errors that result in losses to the Credit Union.
- Ensure that the Credit Union’s books and general ledger accounts are always in balance and current.
- Review accounts payable weekly for accuracy and legitimacy.
- Review, analyze, monitor and provide recommendations for improvements to accounting systems, procedures and internal controls.
- Respond and follow-up to facilities maintenance requests and scheduling in a timely manner, as well as notifying the appropriate staff of scheduled appointments.
- Develop recommendations for cost efficiencies and enhancements to products, pricings, and processes by monitoring trends in accounting.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Set the example of personal financial integrity and responsibility.
- Exemplify the Credit Union’s Core Values in all daily interactions with co-workers and members.
3-5 years’ experience in accounting analyst or accountant role for a financial institution or other public accounting firm. Highly proficient in MS Office: Excel & Access is required.
4 year degree in Accounting preferred
Compensation commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, short / long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) with employer match program, paid time off, paid birthday off and additional wellness-based incentives.
Midcoast FCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer